In this podcast, Ben Pring co-founded and leads the Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant discussed the challenges of technology and transformation as we go through the future of work. Ben shared some challenges of not doing technology transformation properly. He also talked about his book Monster sharing similar insights as it relates to technology and its adoption.
Ben Pring co-founded and leads the Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant, a $16+ billion American multinational technology company that provides consulting, information technology, and outsourcing services and has over 289,500 employees. Ben sits on the advisory board of the Labor and Work-Life program at Harvard Law School. In 2018 Ben was a Bilderberg Meeting participant. Ben was named as one of 30 management thinkers to watch in 2020 by Thinkers 50. He was recently named a leading influencer on the future of work by Onalytica. In 2007, Ben won Gartner’s prestigious Thought Leader Award. His work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, the London Times, the Drucker Forum Report, Business Insider, Forbes, and Fortune. Based near Boston since 2000, Ben graduated with a degree in Philosophy from Manchester University, in the UK where he grew up.
Here’s the GPS for the questions (These are just the boundaries questions to give a rough journey for the conversation):
Stage 1: Lead-in
1. Starter: Give your starter pitch 1 point that this book points to:
2. Vishal briefly introduce guest
Stage 2: Subject Matter Expertise
3. What is the state of work today?
4. Why did you chose to invest yourself in FutureOfWork
5. How has the future of work changed since the last year?
6. What is one thing people get wrong about Work & Technology?
Stage 3: Introduction as an author
7. Why do you call technology a “monster” that we can’t yet tame?
8. Why did you feel it was important for you as tech insiders to speak up about a topic that many others are running from?
9. What’s been missing from today’s heated conversation about technology’s rising power?
10. Why write monster?
11. Why relate technology with a monster?
12. How to reclaim control of technology?
13. What is the role of government?
14. What is the role of business?
15. What is the role of a leader?
Stage 4: Rapid Fire with Ben Pring [Say what comes to your mind]
16 a. #FutureOfWork
16 b. #Technology
16 c. #Leadership
16 d. #Monster
16 e. #Equity
16 f. #Diversity
16 g. #Legislature
16 h. #JobsOfFuture
16 i. #FutureOfLearning
16 j. #Something exciting
16 k. #Things that keep you up at night?
Stage 5: Closing
17. What are 1-3 best practices that you think are the key to success in your journey?
18. Do you have any favorite read?
19. As a closing remark, what would you like to tell our audience?
TAO is building the World’s largest and AI-powered Skills Universe and Community powering career development platform empowering some of the World’s largest communities/organizations. Learn more at https://TAO.ai
Work Pod takes you on the journey with leaders, experts, academics, authors, and change-makers designing the future of work, workers, and the workplace.
WorkPod is managed by Work2.org, a #FutureOfWork community for HR and Organization architects and leaders.
Sponsorship / Guest Request should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
#FutureofWork #Work2.0 #Work2dot0 #Leadership #Growth #Org2dot0 #Work2 #Org2
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest in the #FutureOfWork